Please pass on to your players at the various venues you attend.
From: Chuck Lefaive [mailto:] Sent: March-28-12 11:07 AM
Hi all, There are some new additions and deletions here. Best,Chuck
Thus far, we will have or have had in 2012 the following tournaments in BC
1) Tournament – South Surrey on Feb 12 – 30 attendees – Valentines social. Winners Debbie Orcutt and Allan White. All players and all paddles welcome.
2) Feb 14 – South Surrey – Valentines social seniors – 30 players – All players and all paddles welcome.
3) Mar 17 – St Pat’s day social and Rec tourney at Cloverdale Rec. Winner John Kusch – followed by a pub lunch in Langley. Max 22 participants. People turned away. All players, all paddles welcome.
4) Peachland open tourney 28-29 of April from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. By phone 1-250- 767-2133. All players and paddles welcome.
5) Edmonds Washington- Open to all tournament – April 21/22 in Edmonds – open singles, doubles and mixed 1-425-771-0229. All players and paddles welcome.
6) May 5th Trail, BC – Willie Krause Fieldhouse 9:00 am to 1:00 pm fee 15.00 ph – 1250-364-0888. All players and paddles welcome.
7) May 19-20 Kelowna tournament – restrictive to Canadians using Canadian paddles. USAPA / IFP / Pickleball Canada rules in effect.
8) June 23/ 24 Victoria tournament at Pearkes Rec Center – details TBA. All players and paddles welcome. 9) July 7-8 Abbotsford tournament – restrictive to Canadians who use Canadian paddles. USAPA / IFP Pickleball Canada rules in effect.
10) July 14 – Trail recreational tournament – Trail Aquatic Center 9:00 am to 1:00 pm – all players and paddles welcome.
11) July 27.28.29 Nanaimo second annual – Friday singles, Saturday and Sunday…doubles. All players and paddles welcome. Contact 12) August – Bc senior games – restrictive to Canadians using Canadian paddles.see website for details. USAPA / IFP / Pickleball Canada rules in effect.
13) Sept 15th – annual South Surrey Rec Center Tourney open to all players and paddles. Call 604-592-6970
14) The whole month of March – 250 kids taught – Kids tournament – Dorita Gaspar P/E teacher – Star of the Sea School – Surrey – all paddles used.
15 ) March 5-6-7, 200 kids taught – Cloverdale Catholic School, Matthew Klaponski P/E teacher – TBA kids tourney. All paddles in use. Thanks to the 17 volunteers who helped in this kids effort. They will be recognized on the Thanks page.
16) March 26 – 27 – 28 Children of Integrity Montessori school – Coquitlam, BC – all paddles in use – tournament March 30th.
17) Trail BC – Sept TBA Willie Krause center 9:00 am to 3:00 pm – open to all players and paddles.
18 ) Victoria – Panorama Rec center TBA – all players and paddles welcome.
19 ) Maple Green outdoor – first outdoor tourney of the year Doubles seven courts – cancelled due to lack of interest from the local area. All players and paddles were welcome.
20) Meridian by the Sea – singles tourney Easter weekend – Icebreaker – cancelled due to lack of interest in White Rock, Surrey, Langley , Cloverdale area.
I suspect more are to come! We have now achieved 120 programs in the Province not counting schools. A report will appear soon as to locations and number of courts as well as number of players in each. You will have an opportunity to make corrections or additions as they apply to your area.
Yours in Sport and healthChuck LefaivePh – 604-536-9602 Best,Chuck
SEATTLE – EDMONDS tournament information:
Ladies and gentlemen,
This is an all player, all paddles welcome, sanctioned tournament near Seattle, open to you all – See rules. Please pass on to your tournament players. www.bcpickleball.com is linked with this group.Chuck From: EPSent: March-07-12 2:34 PMTo: Erne PerrySubject: Edmonds Washington Pickleball Tournament Hello Everyone,Here is the flyer for the City of Edmonds Pickleball Tournament. It is being held at The Anderson Center in downtown Edmonds Washington.
We will have 3 courts on hardwood floors and using the white Duraball. It will be played by World Pickleball Federation rules. Games will be to 21 (win by two) in the winners brackets and games to 15 (win by one) in the losers bracket. You must serve to score a point. It is double elimination. This could change depending on the number of entries.We are not allowed to provide food but you can bring your own and there are many restaurants within walking distance of the facility. Bathrooms are on site.
Most of the top players in the country will be there including many of Canada’s top players. The tournament is open to all ages so tell your friends to come play. Players can play in the A division as long as their rating is 4.5 or below. The Open division is available to all players. You can only play in the A division or Open division (not both).
The winners of each event on Saturday will be invited to play in the Open division on Sunday. The tournament is limited to 36 players each day so hurry and get your entry in. If there is space available after the deadline then entries will be accepted the day of the tournament. Here are the rules:http://www.worldpickleball.com/wpf-organization/wpf-official-rules Please email tournament director Todd Cort at or call at 425-771-0229 with any questions or suggestions. http://www.worldpickleball.com Thanks and look forward to seeing you all at the tournament,Erne Perry